HDT and VICAT tester are used to measure the properties of plastic materials at high temperatures, measure the heat deflection temperature (HDT) and the VICAT softening temperature (VICAT).
1. HDT & Vicat series HV3S, HV6M, HV6X:
The Instron HV Series of HDT Vicat testing machines bring you an enhanced user experience and outstanding productivity. Our HDT and Vicat testers with Bluehill® HV Software make materials testing SIMPLER, SMARTER, SAFER.
- Ergonomic HDT and Vicat Testing Machines: The testing stations are safe and easy to raise and lower thanks a smooth lifting mechanism and ergonomic handles.
- Intuitive Weight Application: The intuitive design of the weights eliminates the risk of selection mistakes. The weights are stackable, enabling the user to handle them with confidence. A wide range of stress values can be achieved with no additional tools needed.
- Touch Screen Interface: HDT and Vicat tests setup and data export are quick and easy to perform thanks to a user friendly touch screen that can be operated without a computer. The pre-formatted templates enable you to run a test in a few simple touches.
- Effortless Workflows: The optional Bluehill HV Software enhances the ease of use. The user can run tests, edit methods, analyze results or configure the system with a few clicks. The user-friendly software allows you to run tests with minimal effort increasing your laboratory efficiency and throughput.
- Oil degradation control: The system constantly monitors the oil, alerts when the bath level is out of range and reports when oil degradation, that could adversely affect test results, has occurred. This feature helps reduce the risk of running invalid test and increases productivity.
- Efficient Cooling: The HV Series is designed for superior cooling efficiency, rapidly returning the oil to the starting temperature after a test run. This allows you to begin the next test with minimal wait time and reduces water consumption costs.
- Advanced Electronic Technology: The advanced electronics on the HV Series automatically zero the position of the LVDT measuring sensors before starting a test, reducing test time and human errors.
- Small Footprint: The HV Series compact design helps maximize valuable laboratory space resulting in enhanced testing efficiency.
- Superior Results and Repeatability: Our factory trained engineers provide comprehensive verifications, checking the dimensions of critical components and temperature behavior, to assure results are accurate and repeatable.
- The full shield on the HV6X model restricts access during test execution, protecting the user from moving parts. It is the ideal solution for open access workplaces, where many testing instruments are simultaneously in use and a risk of test interruption exists.
- Secured Test Access: Bluehill HV Software secures the test methods, preventing inadvertent changes, to ensure repeatability and standards compliance, over multiple shifts and numerous operators. The software suite allows for creation of specific user profiles based on the operator's level of expertise.
- Maximum Temperature Control: The HV Series has a built-in temperature control system which limits the maximum temperature allowed for the oil bath. This helps conform to the specifications of each oil type, and prevents improper temperature settings that can generate dangerous fumes and inaccurate test results.
- Effective Training Program: Instron engineers offer comprehensive on-site training courses to minimize operator's exposure to risk, improve efficiency, optimize the system's capabilities and to support the laboratory's health and safety policies to enhance the ownership experience.
2. HV500 Oil-Free HDT & Vicat Tester
The Instron® CEAST HV500 is the latest instrument design to perform HDT and VICAT tests at high temperatures, up to 500°C, making this instrument ideal for research and quality control applications as it is ensuring the capability to test the new generations of techno-polymers, characterized by their excellent properties at high temperature. Using three independent testing stations and with a new cutting-edge heating system for specimens, the CEAST HV500 is simple to use and eliminates environmental concerns associated with oil based systems, such as vapor emissions and oil disposal.
- New innovative heating medium that uses an Aluminum Oxide micrometer-sized powder, which is "fluidized" by compressed air rather than oil
- The pneumatic system, which automatically lowers all three test stations at the beginning of the test and raise them at the end of the test, eliminates the need for operator manual handling
- Automatic pneumatic system to apply and remove weights on the specimens at the start and end of the test
- Both HDT and Vicat tests can be performed simultaneously
- For additional operator safety, the protective cover remains closed until the bath temperature returns to the threshold temperature
- Available as a stand-alone instrument, controlled by microprocessor and soft-touch keyboard, the instrument can be as well connected to a PC for data handling using the Bluehill HV software, ensuring parameters management and process control
- HDT test: ASTM D648, ISO 75, DIN 53461, BSI 2782, Met 121 C, NT T 51-005
- Vicat test: ASTM D1525, ISO 306, DIN 53460, BSI 2782, Met 120 C, NT T 51-021