Stress relaxation system for continuous measurement of rubber in either compression or tension. Meets the requirements in ISO 3384, ISO 6914 and ASTM D6147.
Our relaxation test system, which is used by customers all over the world, consists of different components. This is a way to increase the flexibility in the system and a way to facilitate the possibility to find the perfect match to your testing needs, both in size and other features.
A complete relaxation test system requires the following components:
1. EB 02 – Stress relaxation rigs (different options)
- This fixture works according to ISO 3384 and ASTM D6147 standards.
- This fixture is usually combined with the EB 21, EB 22, EB 23 heat cells, programmable temperature cells such as EB 17, EB 23LTP tested at room temperature or below.
- Classification of jigs used for stress relaxation testing:
+ EB 02: for compression tests at temperatures up to 200ºC (ISO 3384)
+ EB 02HT: for high-temperature compression tests up to 300 °C (ISO 3384)
+ EB 02HF: for compression tests with loads up to 45 kN (45 000 N) at temperatures up to 200 °C (ISO 3384)
- EB 02TE: for tensile testing at temperatures up to 200 °C (ISO 6914)
- EB 02TEHT: for high temperature tensile testing up to 300 °C (ISO 6914)
- EB 02AP: for compression testing of acid-resistant materials in liquids at temperatures up to 150ºC including airtight liquid containers and compression plates (ISO 3384)
- EB 02SA: for compression testing of highly acid-resistant materials in liquids at temperatures up to 200ºC including airtight liquid containers and compression plates (ISO 3384)
- EB 02ALE: for compression testing with the ability to exchange liquid and air at temperatures up to 200°C.
2. EB 02.14-x
- Amplifier to connect the fixture to a computer to collect load force and temperature data
- The amplifier is responsible for connecting to networks, that is, it can connect directly to the computer or any network located in the ethernet network. It has up to 24 channels, connected to 12 stress slack testers
- EB 02.14-X: X is the mounting number that can be connected to the amplifier.
3. EB XX - aging furnace specially designed for stress relaxation testing
- Elastocon offers high temperature, cycle temperature or sub-lab temperature test furnaces.
- Including models: EB 17, EB 21, EB 22, EB 23, EB 23 LTP, EB 02.08, EB 02.25
The oven also has an integrated hood that eliminates force changes during the test due to temperature changes in the environment around the top of the fixture. The hood is made of polycarbonate and has a temperature control system (Peltier cooling system) capable of keeping the temperature within ±0.25°C.
4. EC 05 - Stress relaxation testing software
Evaluation of test results according to ISO 3384 and ISO 6914. EC 05 is a user-friendly software where many functions can be performed with a single click.
After some easy settings, you start testing and the program will help you to complete the completed test report. The software works to test stress slack for both compression and tensile tests.
5. ED 04 - Computer used to run EC 05 software
6. ED 06 - UPS unit (power supply, dual converter) connected to computer and amplifier.